PHOTOGRAPHY DIVISION RULES
2013 ADS National Convention, Columbus
- All exhibitors should register in advance by contacting Photography Chair Tom Stettner, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or phone 513-602-1994. Registration Deadline is Tuesday, April 9, 2013. We encourage you to register early. There is no entry fee and exhibitors are not required to be members of the ADS. You will receive email confirmation of your registration.
- All classes are open to color or black and white photographs and will be subdivided as needed. Entries must contain images of one or more daffodils as required by the class. An exhibitor may enter up to 2 photos per class and up to 8 photographs in the show.
- Photographs that have previously won a first place award at an ADS National Show may not be entered in competition.
- All photography entries must be the work of the exhibitor. Any changes to the original image must also be the work of the exhibitor this includes manipulation, cropping and enhancing for color/clarity. The surface finish may be glossy or matte.
- All photography entries should be mounted on foam core board that is the same size as the photo. The finished exhibit must be no larger than 8 x 10 inches and a minimum of 5 x 7 inches. Please do not use glass or framing. Mounting and printing may be done professionally.
- A completed entry card must be submitted with each exhibit. In addition, the following information must be written on the back of each photograph in the lower left hand corner: name, address, phone number(s), email address and class entered. Please indicate the TOP of the photograph. Entry cards will be emailed with your registration confirmation or can be printed from the website.
- The recommended scale of points by which the classes are to be judged is as follows:
Creativity 25 points,
Composition 25 points,
Craft 25 points,
Content 25 points,
Total 100 points.
- First, Second, Third, and Honorable Mention Awards will be presented in each class. The ADS Wells Knierim Ribbon for Best Photograph in Show will be awarded.
- Exhibitors may send entries by mail to: Tom Stettner, 5830 Sheits Road, Cincinnati OH 45252. Mailed entries must be received by Friday April 5, 2013.
- Exhibitors submitting pre-registered entries in person should bring them to the Photography Registration Table in the Ballroom Foyer of the Crown Plaza Hotel, Thursday, April 11, 2013 between 3:00 and 8:00 p.m. Entries will not be accepted after 8:00 p.m. on Thursday.
- If exhibitors would like to have their photograph returned by mail, a self-addressed postage paid padded envelope must be provided in advance. The return envelope should be included with the mailed entry or dropped off at the registration table with your exhibit. All other entries must be picked up by the exhibitor by 10:00 p.m. at the close of the show Saturday, April 12, 2013 or they will become the property of ADS.
ADS 2013 PHOTOGRAPHY DIVISION SCHEDULE
The American Daffodil Society Photography Division celebrates
The Romance of the Daffodil!
P 1. Love at First Sight – A photograph of any single stem daffodil, miniature, intermediate, or standard
P 2. A Walk in the Park – Daffodils in the landscape or garden
P 3. Home Sweet Home – Daffodils in their native or natural habitat
P 4. Dinner Date – Photographs featuring Daffodil Bouquets, or non-show entry multiple stem photographs.
P 5. Puppy Love – Daffodils and any animals
P 6. Center Piece – Any still life photograph including daffodils
P 7. Double Date – Any photograph that contains double daffodils
P 8. The Old Homestead – Photographs of Historic daffodils registered prior to 1940
P 9. The Heart of It All – A photograph of daffodils with people of all ages.
Download a PDF for the Photography Schedule here (160K)